The Crew Chief


Of Men & Maladies

Chapter 2: Wander Lust

The Crew Chief


We ate, we drank, we smoked and we fucked until we finally fell asleep just before Dawn. The ringing phone woke us mid-morning. As Cage reached for his phone by the bed, we both groaned “ah fuck‚” in anticipation of a Drill. 
Instead, Cage handed the phone to me.
“Hello?” I said, expecting my Unit Commander on the other end.     “Ona‚” said the voice, it was Brian. “You need to get out of there, David is looking for you.”     ”Impossible,” I replied, “David is on Deployment, he’s out for another week.”     ”David’s been calling the 33rd all morning looking for you.” he said. “One of the Weapons Techs from the 19th is out looking for your car right now.”     “My car is parked at Leo’s place, no one is going to find me here,” I replied.
I thanked Brian for the warning and hung up the phone. It was Cage’s idea I park the car at Leo’s Trailer several rows over from his own. It created a visual to support plausible deniability. ”

Excerpt From: “Of Men & Maladies.” iBooks. 

Comments