New Blog Post from Endometriosis & Me

New Blog Post from Endometriosis & Me:

Eleven years later, 2015, after 25 years of rejection based on lost Records, I receive the Award Letter and access to eBenefits with login credentials, and discover my social security number is assigned to a Male within the Veterans Administration Database. And then it all makes sense: claims to the VA for Endometriosis are automatically rejected based on the Gender on File. 
A grave error, wrong Gender, caused so much Harm, and cut me off from Medicine & Health Care that could have changed the course of my Life. A Health Care Administrator, non Medically Trained Employee, placed the wrong letter in the Gender box sometime between February 1990 and June 1991, and changed the course of my Life. 
The ripple effect, or Collateral Damage, caused by that single grave error, was catastrophic to some people, not including me. I forced a Merger of Health Insurance companies. I caused the bankruptcy of a Medical Group. I caused the Termination of several Health Care Industry Employees. It took 12 years from the time the error was made within the Veterans Administration, until the blast radius was felt in the Private Sector.

Of Men & Maladies, available on Amazon & Kindle.

Comments